Thursday, April 3, 2014

House plants


We used to be a military family and before we moved here we were stationed in England. Before we came back we had to find homes for our house plants that we had been given by nice neighbors. For the past year we have been living here and I have been trying to figure out how to get some new ones. I kept looking at the plants when we would go to the grocery store but couldn't convince myself to buy one because of the cost. 

Over the past year I have been trying to get some house plants but not pay out a bunch of money. I have one that I have from a clipping from my sister in law's house. I have another that the owner of the business I work for was giving away.  I have a Christmas cactus that I begged my husband to buy me for Christmas that was on sale at a local discount store. 

All of the plants in the picture above are now new residents in our home thanks to a generous person on Craigslist. I placed an ad about a week or two ago asking if anybody had any house plant cuttings that I could have to try to spruce up my house. A couple days ago a nice person emailed me and said they didn't have clippings but had some actual plants that I could come and pick up. I didn't know what to expect since I was really hoping for any kind of plant that I could add to my house. I never expected this much generosity. I didn't use the fact that I was low income or any other excuse when asking for some clippings, I simply stated that I was looking for some to add a little green to my house figuring that a clipping from someone's plant would be fun to try to grow. All of these plants came in some nice pots as well. 

I am so very thankful for the generosity of the person from Craigslist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment